Posted September 25, 2020
If you want to keep your car in tip-top shape, here are a few tasks for basic vehicle maintenance that you should do regularly and consistently for best results.
1. Oil Change – Try to get one at least every 6 months. This keeps your engine well lubricated and prevents corrosion.
2. Tire Rotation – Easiest to get at the same time as your oil change. Makes sure your tires wear down evenly, so you don’t end up with a hole in your tire.
3. Tire Pressure Checks – As needed. Most cars have a sensor to tell you when your tire pressure is low, but checking it once in a while with a basic meter will keep your MPG efficiency higher.
4. Car Wash – Once a month, usually. Even though it seems unimportant, getting your car washed often will keep your paint from being damaged, which can protect the body of your car.
5. Drive Regularly – Even if you don’t use your car that often, starting it up and driving around for a few minutes will ensure that your car’s battery doesn’t die and that your engine is working properly.
For help with these basic maintenance tasks, call South Bay Car Care in Lawndale, CA for all your vehicle maintenance and repair needs.
Categories: Car Maintenance